Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Twisting and Turning, Unable to Sleep

Here I sit, awake again. I managed to get on a somewhat sane sleep schedule there for a few days, I'm honestly surprised that it lasted as long as it did.

I spent the weekend in North Carolina with my sisters in-law and nieces and nephew. We had fun, went shopping, and all that. This was my first time meeting my husbands younger sister, she's sweet, they all are.

I started poking around WTE again earlier, not sure if I'm back full time or if I'll lost interest again in a day or so. I went on there originally to peek at the fertility treatments board, but I don't really fit there. They're all doing fertility treatments, their husbands are home, and they are succeeding with the things that failed us, it's depressing. I found a few other sites with forums dealing with infertility, unfortunately most of them are religious, I'm not. I did get an instant message from the person I mentioned in my last entry, it seems she's in a nearly identical state of mind. As much as it hurts to see someone else hurting, to know exactly how they feel and know that there is nothing I can do to make it any better, it was still a huge relief to be able to talk to someone who understands and doesn't give me any cliche bs about the situation.

I've been painting more, experimenting a little with Linseed Oil and a palette knife, I'm thinking the process will be less overwhelming if I introduce one element at a time. Next will probably be Cobalt and/or different palette knives, perhaps a bigger canvas at some point. I've been working with 8X10 canvases and paper made for acrylic paint, they're good practice, but somewhat limiting as far as subject matter goes.

Nothing else new.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't realize you were a painter. Post some pics of your work - I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible at it, but it's a good outlet, especially right now. I'll try to remember to put them in the next post, they're on my facebook already. :)

    ReplyDelete