Sunday, April 4, 2010

By The Way, I Made It Through The Day...

Alright, alright, I know I said I would update at least once per week, and I don't even really have a good excuse...unless beating the first two Virtual Villagers games counts as a good excuse. I started a post a few days ago, but my laptop had other plans and restarted itself, deleting the entry. It has been doing that a lot lately, making me wonder if I should take it into Best Buy for a look before I leave for Virginia.

It's been two weeks, Tommy has called me four times since he left, he said it was so I didn't get spoiled into expecting him to call all the time. He's already started working on the things he needs to take care of for his promotion, I'm proud of him for taking that initiative.

Here I am, nine days out from leaving and I still haven't finished cleaning the bedrooms, the bed is still here as well as the tv and a bunch of other things that should be in storage by now. I did get the brakes fixed and made an appointment (that I'm going to have to reschedule) for the crankshaft sensor. So I haven't totally been wasting time. I've put together two boxes for Tommy and have started getting things for the third, which I'll send when I get to Virginia.

I'm not taking the deployment nearly as hard as I thought I would, possibly because right now I have a ton of things to do and a very limited amount of time to get them done. Having things to do, making a plan to do it and following through seem to comfort the control freak in me, keeping me from being a total basketcase right now.

I think that's all for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment