Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Different Direction

This is a blog I've had for a while, and I've decided to transform it into something better. If I have new readers, welcome! To anyone who read it from the start, welcome back! Anyway. There is so much more to the story in the previous post, gaining a step-daughter, going bugshit at my wedding reception, a new fitness plan, baking, and new crochet patterns, as well as Knots and Bubbles!
First off, I promised patterns for the NILMDTS project, so here is the first:

Baby Beanie
I'm using an H (5mm) hook, and Caron Simply Soft yarn, patterns will differ based on hook size and yarn weight.
Chain four, join with slip stitch to form ring

Row 1: Chain three, nine double crochet in ring join with slip stitch (10 double crochet)

Row 2: Chain three, two double crochet in each stitch around, join with slip stitch (20 double crochet)

Row 3: Chain three, double crochet in first stitch, two double crochet in second stitch, repeat all the way around, join with slip stitch (30 double crochet)

Row 4: Chain three, one double crochet in first two stitches, two double crochet in next stitch, repeat all the way around, join with slip stitch (40 double crochet)

Row 5: Chain three, one double crochet in first three stitches, two double crochet in next stitch, repeat all the way around, join with slip stitch (52 double crochet)

Rows 6-10: Chain three, one double crochet in each stitch around, join with slip stitch (52 double crochet)

Finish off and weave in ends.


If you would prefer to have the hat a bit longer, or have a bit of a 'band' on it 4-5 rows of single crochet (one single per stitch all the way around) is a good finishing touch. Any questions or issues with the pattern, feel free to comment or contact me and I'll help as much as I can.


In other news, I started my own home business! Knots and Bubbles makes soaps, body scrubs, and custom crochet items. I have an Etsy store now, and a Facebook page :)

Keep checking back for more patterns, progress on the NILMDTS project, and some recipes I have to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment