Friday, January 16, 2015

The good, the bad, and the beanie

My every other day posting has failed, but don't give up on me yet! I've been on a tech-breaking spree for the past few days. My iPad keypad and the Otterbox on my iPhone have both fallen victim, and the laptop mouse narrowly escaped being drowned in coffee. I do have news, good news at that! I have new soaps coming to the facebook page and Etsy store, and -at the request of my baby sister- will soon be adding solid lotions and deodorants to my inventory! I was also introduced to a packaging company out of Nashville that makes pretty things to sell my things in that are cheap enough for me not to have to raise my prices to use them. Huzzah for cheap, pretty packaging! :) I've also been considering doing baskets or something like it, for new moms, a little pampering kit with bath things and maybe a lotion or something. I was going to start piecing one together today, but I ran out of time before I finally found lavender oil.

Also, I've been playing quite a bit of WoW, so if you're Alliance on Dalaran, be my friend! I'm bringyouhell#1780 on battle.net And no, I don't play a human. I'm new to WoW, but I'm not at all new to gaming. Never play a human when you can avoid it, D&D taught me that. M told me to always be horde, always. The problem is, she never explained why, and I tried both, just to see if I could figure it out for myself. I couldn't, and I have more fun playing my Draenei than my Tauren. I still think it looks silly, DDO has WoW beat by miles with the graphics, but I refuse to play DDO or Neverwinter while they're on 4E rules because 4E is awful. Who ever heard of a barbarian that couldn't hit anything?? Not me, until I played 4E with my PNP group. 4E nerfed the barbarian so bad I couldn't hit the broad size of an ogre, or demonic crocodile, as the case may have been. 3.5 for life!

I don't play co-op games on Xbox Live much, but I do occasionally, and I always welcome a fellow adventurer. That gamertag is BringYouHell

As promised: The Grown Up Beanie

Mine was done with bulky weight yarn and a K (6.5mm) hook, as with the baby beanie, pattern may need to be adjusted based on your hook size and the weight of your yarn

Chain 4, slip stitch together

Row 1: Chain 3, counts as first stitch, ten double crochet in circle, slip stitch together

Row 2: Chain 3, two double crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch together

Row 3: Chain 3, two double crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch together.

Row 4: Chain 3, 2 double crochet in first stitch, 1 double crochet in next stitches, repeat all the way around, slip stitch together

Row 5: Chain 3, 2 double crochet in first stitch, 1 double crochet in next 4 stitches, repeat all the way around, slip stitch together

Rows 6-12: Chain 3, one double crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch together

Finish off, weave in ends.

Feel free to email me with any questions about the pattern, and be on the lookout for new Knots and Bubbles products as they'll debut here before Facebook or Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment